The developing economy of Umm Al Quwain
Refine by activity
Umm al Qaywayn
- Agriculture & Food Umm al Qaywayn
- Business Services Umm al Qaywayn
- Chemicals, Pharmaceuticals & Plastics Umm al Qaywayn
- Construction Umm al Qaywayn
- Education, Training & Organisations Umm al Qaywayn
- Electrical, Electronics & Optical Umm al Qaywayn
- Energy, Environment Umm al Qaywayn
- IT, Internet, R&D Umm al Qaywayn
- Leisure & Tourism Umm al Qaywayn
- Metals, Machinery & Engineering Umm al Qaywayn
- Minerals Umm al Qaywayn
- Paper, Printing, Publishing Umm al Qaywayn
- Retail & Traders Umm al Qaywayn
- Textiles, Clothing, Leather, Watchmaking, Jewellery Umm al Qaywayn
- Transport & Logistics Umm al Qaywayn
Fishing is the main occupation of Umm Al Quwain. It exports sea-foods around the Middle East and throughout the Europe as well. The Falaj Al Mualla settlement in Umm Al Quwain is the prominent poultry producer of UAE. It is the key-supplier of poultry and dairy products to the local markets.
The project of Ahmen Bin Rashid Port has influenced the shipping and maritime sector opening floodgates for various trade opportunities throughout the UAE and overseas as well. The free trade zones of Umm Al Quwain are focused towards the expansion of its commercial base to welcome huge investments. The government is promoting the participation of big brands in the economic expansion.
Umm Al Quwain encompasses rich coastal mangroves located near the Arabian Gulf and a range of small islands that are located to the east. Al Seniah is the biggest island and it is home to the significant flora and fauna of UAE. The agricultural land of Falaj Al Mualla is a major contributor to the overall agricultural output of UAE.
Umm Al Qawain is home to various tourist attractions like the Umm Al Qawain Fort and Museum, The Dreamland Aqua Park, Marjan Island, Seneyah Island and Al-Dur archaeological sites. Apart from tourism, the emirate of Umm Al Qawain is also moving ahead with its burgeoning retail sector as many mega-malls are actively utilising the retail space.